Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Fins to the left


Saturday I showed up for the usual Airport Ride with the bike club http://www.gdbclub.com/ for 50 + miles on a nice but cool day, any idea of a modest ride vaporized when some of our racers showed up. We had a good but very hard for me ride with a new route and some new streets and hills, my heart rate was over 90% a lot of the time, as a bonus Morgan invited us to go sailing with him and his girlfriend Hiam.

We met them at grapevine lake on Sunday afternoon it was a cool overcast windy day perfect for sailing. I was looking forward to putting the Catalina 27 tall rig through its paces and it performed well and was a joy to sail surpassing 6 knots numerous times. This boat also has an Atomic 4, 30 horse engine which moves the boat effortlessly, now I feel my 8 horse on the O'day 272 is a little light.

GETTING READY
HEADING OUTUNDER SAIL


Today the wind is blowing thirty and gusting over 40 and is is short sleeve warm, I guess its a good day to start the winter garden planting of onions and a lettuce mix. I think we will try to grow potato's in a large container this year. We will try to make the most of our small garden that gets to much shade.


I'm on a vision quest

Dennis Starkey

No comments: