Friday, February 8, 2008

Boat repair


We finaly had a couple of warm afternoons and I started applying the West Systems Epoxy, I divided the boat into 3 sections for this. I first brushed on a coat of epoxy and the used a flexible putty knife to squeegee the epoxy deep into and voids or bare fiberglass, after this coat got tacky I applied a microfiber paste additive and faired the first sectioon. We were able to do 2/3 of the boat so the next 70 + day we can do the final third and finish this base coat and be ready do the final sanding. I got this new boat in the mail, when I sell Carrier parts on jobs I earn points and can shop from a catalog for prizes. This is the new dinghy for the O'day 272, it seems very heavy duty and will store in a small area and inflate by pump in less than 10 minutes.

Thursday afternoon I was off early and went for a 35 mile ride on the bike trail system and came across the cowby and his horse, I stopped and took his picture and he and his horse were freindly.

I never did get the cowboys name but this is Wrangler his well manered and well groomed mount.
Michele and I are going to ride our bicycles in Lancaster this weekend to pre-ride the routes for the Rally our Bicycle club puts on each Spring during wildflower season. This should be a fun day and the weather is predicted to be clear and a little cool.
I reached a financial milestone this week when I realized my old truck with 210,000 miles has a Blue Book value of less than I paid for my bicycle, talk about priority's.
Living well on less
Dennis Starkey





No comments: