Monday, January 7, 2008

1963 Biscayne for sale

For the first of the year my brother Bart,his son Austin and I went down to the farm to do a little work on the place. we bagged up a lot of debris and trash. In this remote are there is no trash pickup so a lot of bottles and cans and anything that won't burn is still there. It had been at least 3 years since the driveway was mowed so we mowed the one driveway and around the newer house, the grass was the same height as the pasture and was hard to mow, but it looks like someone is taking care of the place now.Mowing the grass helped a lot but the amount of work that needs to be done is staggering, we also need to sell a few vehicles, like the 63 chevy in the picture below. If anyone wants a Cheech and Chong low rider we have the title and would take $500. The car is all there and has never been wrecked, but has not been moved in at least 10 years
My nephew Austin Starkey loves to target practice and is becoming a good shot, we shot several guns and in the pic he is shooting the gun my dad gave me when I was 12 years old, A youth model 22 single shot rifle. We set up targets and had a little safety course and a lot of fun, my shooting was not up to par, I'm going to blame on my aging eyes.


On the bicycling ride side of things I was riding down to meet the club Saturday and the street was wet, I hit a section that was muddy and the bike instantly just shot out from under me. I wasn't injured but did suffer a good Raspberry on my Bum after sliding about 20 feet on it. Its healing nicely but I may not be able to ride for a while, guess it will be work on the boat time for a while.

Sea ya
Dennis Starkey

1 comment:

KyleTexas said...

Do you still have the Biscayne?.. I'm in the Coppell/DFW area. I am trying to figure out how to get in touch with you w/out posting my cell phone or email on a public page.. The check box below says follow up comments will be emailed to me...
Anyway.. I'd like to see the car if it's still available.