Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Flat tire epidemic






Between cold and wet days We have had some good rides. Saturday I met a group of about 12 for a 60 mile tempo ride at 16/17 pace with one short rest stop. The ride was good but the rest stops were frequent due to a total of 5 flat tires, none of which were mine.

During the ride an unknown (to us) rider joined our group and had an accident, he seemed like a good rider but caught a wheel and fell cutting his forehead. After getting off the road I bandaged his head and he said his name was Jerry. Jerry will be fine and was not hurt bad.

My new wheel is working out good and is said to be a bullet proof wheel. After the 5 flat tires Saturday I used a Birthday gift card to put a new set of tires on the Trek as a preventive measure and went on an afternoon ride Tuesday afternoon. At mile 24 of my 25 mile ride on my Birthday around my neighborhood I had a flat tire, I guess maybe I should have left the old tires on instead of installing new ones. I found no debris in the tire but a small hole in the tube possibly from a thorn.

Another Birthday, another trip around the sun, older and wiser but still feeling young.


Dennis
Less is really more, you'r things are no who you are.

No comments: