Thursday, January 18, 2007

Cabin Fever

Cold and ice, more cold and ice, enough already, I need some normal weather, is 40+ degrees to much to ask for. This weather has limited the bike rides to the indoor trainer. On the bright side I got a training DVD for Christmas called Spinervals 5.0 and have worked out to it twice. Its a good workout and is 90 minutes long with constant shifting and some off the bike work that makes the time seem to pass quickly. On the last workout I burned 1200 calories rode 26 miles and found my max heart rate is 186 ( not bad for an old guy).

Needless to say I have not even seen the sailboat in weeks but have read a sailing book Chesapeake Reflections, it was a nice read but probably a little dated. It is a documentary type about a summer cruising the bay and makes me want to use the new trailer to go there when it is finished.


I have managed to work a few minutes on the trailer but have been busy with work and its hard to get motivated to work when its only 30 degrees in the garage.

No comments: