Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Happy New Year




I hope everyone has a great 2007 and gets out a lot. I added up my mileage log for 2006 and had 5721 miles total and did 3 centuries (100 mile rides), 176 of my miles were on the trainer indoors when I couldn't get outside to ride. I think my 2007 goal will be 5000 miles with a run one time a week for cross training.


We started the year off right with a ride of 28 miles and a cool clear day, friends Gary and Lugay came over for lunch and we all 4 then rode to the Starbucks at Snyder Plaza and back.


I got in maybe 2 hours work on the sailboat trailer, at this rate is should be done by Summer. That is the plan anyway, sail all Spring and early Summer then haul the boat during the heat of Summer and for the winter of 07. We will miss the fall sailing but the next spring we will travel to some new places and be able to take the boat with us using it like an RV on the way, at 27' it has a bathroom and galley and works for short term living.


Sprocket the dog likes to sail too, he is 8 months old and is an SPCA dog we rescued.




No comments: