Sunday, January 7, 2007

Hiking and Biking in Brady Texas










Thursday I was invited to go to a large ranch in Brady Texas with Gerald, a good Friend of mine. We went down Friday afternoon and we hiked and mountain biked all around this ranch, we saw tons of deer and wild turkeys and a lot of nature. This is rough and rocky country and is hard riding, it was even muddy but all the wildlife was amazing. It seems like all the plants have thorns so I had to ride in extra layers of clothes and even then the cactus and brush was hard on the skin.
While exploring what looked like an old homestead I found this old well and took a photo of the inside, makes me wonder whats down there.






I got the Trek road bike out of the shop with a new back wheel and chain, I could get no help in resolving the Bontrager wheel problems so I went with a Mavic wheel that is the same weight but is stronger and the people at http://www.bikemart.com/ were great and did give me a considerable discount as well as my 10% GDB discount. http://www.gdbclub.com/

No comments: