Tuesday, September 25, 2007

This week I didn't spend much time at the boat yard working on the O'day but I did sand the rudder down and fair it some. The pic's show the rudder after power washing and then after sanding and fairing (smoothing) it, it will get a new epoxy coating and bottom paint before launch.
Rudder for the O'day 272
I stayed off of the bicycle for the full week and rode 50 miles on Sunday and experienced no knee pain and had a great ride. I hope the rest was all I needed, it didn't hurt bad but after 40 miles or so it would hurt so I was pro active.
Michele had a good ride on Saturday when her and her friend Lugay went riding and had some excitement. Michele had a flat tire and had stopped to try and repair it, another cyclist stopped and helped her by changing the tube. Michele always carries a tube and supplies to make a roadside repair so the good Samaritan used them and all looked well. Shortly after taking off it went flat again and now She has no spare tube, another couple on a ride stopped and he repaired it with his spare tube and would take no money for his parts. I examined the tubes later and determined the first flat was a puncture and the first change went flat due to pinching the tube, the help was still greatly appreciated.
It has been my experience that fellow cyclist are some of the most generous and helpful people you will meet and even more so when dealing with fellow cyclists.
Dennis

No comments: