Thursday, September 13, 2007

Boat Yard and Green Acres

With the O'day in the boat yard I have started to repair the bottom side, this is really a storage yard close to the house and nowhere near water, but while I am there refitting the boat it is a boat yard. After I started grinding the old paint off as I expected there are some blisters in the gel coat and this is not a good thing. The blisters seem to be very small and shallow and at this point have done no real damage to the fiberglass. For now I have to grind a significant amount of the gel coat off and let the hull dry out for months. It's going to take a while to get it all sanded and ground down and after that is done I will work on other project while it dries The O'Day 272 drying its blisters




Saturday Me and Michele rode our bikes to Richardson Bike Mart and bought some parts and a new set of front chain rings for the Treck, The old ones were very worn as they had about 10,000 miles on them. We had a great ride with a coffee shop stop and got in 45 miles. We left early and were back by 11:30 and decided to go to the farm for the rest of the weekend.

We had a nice evening and Sunday morning at the farm, after coffee Sunday morning I went scouting and found this buck rub that is really fresh as the broken limbs still have green leaves on them.

We trimmed the grass around the house and did other little projects and overall it was relaxing but I did a lot of walking in thick vegetation. Michele pitched in and helped do some of the hard work like hauling feed


On the way home my old truck started vibrating so I pulled over and found a good tire had developed a large hump in it. Since I was going to have to change a flat of course it started raining so hard you could barely see so I drove on the shoulder for about 5 miles and changed the tire under a bridge. The good thing is I paid very little for a new tire as It was considered a manufacturing defect.

Don't put it off
Dennis

No comments: