Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Moving Day

Friday was the day to move the Sailboat, the travel lift was finally operational although he still had water over the long piers he drives out on to pick up the boat. Early in the morning I hooked up the home made trailer and headed out to the lake and dropped the rig off at the marina and Michele then took me to the boat and I moved it to the Marina.Once he had driven the lift out over the boat we lowered the slings under the boat, lifted the boat out of the water and then he drove it to the shop and power washed off an embarrassing amount of marine growth. I moved the trailer into position and he held the boat over the trailer while we adjusted the bunks to fit the boat.
It took a little longer than I had hoped for to get the trailer to fit but it finally worked out good and we got the boat home with no trouble.
The neighbors were nice about the beast parked in front of the house, we parked it there over the holiday weekend to clean it up a little and get it ready to go to the boat yard where I will start the re-fit of the O'day 272 Rising Star. Now that it's in the boat yard 1/2 mile from the house I am relieved that the trailer I built worked out well and I have all winter to work on it. I should still be able to get in some sailing on other yachts while we are dry docked.
I also had 2 nice bicycle rides with my club www.gdbclub.com on Tuesday and Saturday and plan on riding tonight weather permitting. The cooler weather has been nice to ride in and I have 2 weeks of much easier riding planned after several months of hard rides and then the Hotter Than Hell Hundred followed by 2 hard fast club rides.

Dennis

































No comments: