Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Invitation to Sail

This week we went on several bicycle rides and I installed the new front chain rings on the Treck, I also put on some new tires with a red stripe. Saturday was the big ride of the week, it was only a little over 50 miles but we went on nice rural roads and climbed a lot of hills. This was a nice ride in part because I got to ride with some friends I seldom get to ride with like Gerald who let me stay in His motor home a the Hotter Than Hell Hundred. My right knee has been causing me pain toward the end of the longer rides so I think I will lay off the bike for about a week if I can, hopefully this will help the knee and at least keep it from getting worse.



We got a call from Mike and an invitation to go sailing on their Hunter 260 that is berthed on Lake Grapevine Sunday afternoon. Years ago we had kept our boat on this lake and it has really changed. The new Gaylord Texan Resort is open and looms large over the marina, in the photos you can see it in the background. We sailed by one of the areas with a patio on the water and we watched the people watch us sail by. It was a nice evening with a perfect 10mph breeze and low 80's temperature wise.

Michele looks like she is really suffering, but some body's got to do it. Man, I've got to get the O'day ready to go for a couple of long cruises.
The Fed spoke today and the market went crazy, as if a 1/2 point will stop all the foreclosures and inflation will go away if you exclude energy from the formula, please!. Don't get me wrong I liked the lift but I think when life looks like easy street there is danger at the door, and I don't want to go to work tomorrow.
I'm having to much fun, I don't want to grow up


Dennis


No comments: