Saturday, February 17, 2007

Wildlife scouting and trailer bunks

This week the weather did not allow much in the way of bike rides so I was able to get the wood for the trailer bunks and covered them with carpet. I have made plans for the adjustable legs that will support the bunks and allow them to be adjusted to fit the O'day 272, the trailer is getting closer.





On Friday afternoon I went to the Marshall Creek Wildlife Management Area to hike and scout the area, It was a cold and windy afternoon and I saw a lot of birds and the Robins are plentiful. While I saw no large game I did see lots of deer tracks and wallows where wild hogs had been rooting around. I also saw several of the rubs shown in the last picture, these are made in the fall by buck deer marking an area and rubbing the velvet off of their horns. This was a nice hike and its hard to believe a good deer population is within 20 miles or so of my house in the Dallas area.
On Saturday Michele and I went to a bicycle swap meet at REI and went on a group ride after the meet, it was a good ride going downwind but the return trip into a 30mph North wind was hard and cold but we have learned to take what you get. It's easy to complain and stay at home but if you put forth the effort to make the best of each Day it pays off big.
Speak less than you know
Have more than you show
Dennis



No comments: