Monday, February 26, 2007

Somebody's got to do it !!!!!

Thursday I got off early in the afternoon and went out for a sail on a beautiful day, I let the jib out on the roller and off I went. I had read about a new bridge being built near my marina so I sailed over for a closer look
A large project is under way and several cranes are working. Large white buoys have been set up marking the proposed location of the bridge and I promise the landowners on the East shore are not happy, this bridge will run traffic right through this area of nice older lake homes and it looks like some will be lost.

Over the weekend I painted the steel to hold the bunks and mounted the bunks to the trailer, they are made so I can adjust them to fit the boat once loaded for the first time. The trailer is getting closer one hour at a time.


Saturday was our 18Th anniversary and we celebrated by going for a nice bicycle ride early in the day before the 50 plus mph winds hit and a dust storm blew in. Later we went out for a nice dinner in celebration.
Sunday We went to a viewing for one of my Aunts that passed away and saw some family I had not seen in a long. We topped this day off with a ride to a new coffee shop late in the afternoon, this was a fun productive weekend for us and our thoughts and prayers go out to The Starkey family in Grapevine.


Have more than you show
Speak less than you know
Dennis

No comments: