Thursday, September 4, 2008

Copper Epoxy Bottom Job

We finally found some time and cooler weather and were able to work on the Boat, we have already put an epoxy barrier coat of 4 coats of West System. I found a product from Progressive Epoxy that is a kit of epoxy and copper powder and works as a barrier coat and anti fouling. Since the 4 coats looked a little light I re- sanded the hull did a little more fairing and put on two thick coats of Copperpoxy.Michele said it looks like a new penny, it did cover and flow good and I got a reasonably smooth finish. If I would have left it a little thinner is would have flowed out better after being rolled on.
We still have to do some work under the last bunk, but the end is in sight. If the copper epoxy doesn't work well as anti fouling I have lost nothing as I needed the thicker Barrier Coat and regular anti-fouling paint can be applied over it with light sanding for adhesion.
It was a light week on the bike, during the week it is getting dark earlier and has cut into the ride time, Saturday we rode 35 on the Tandem, and on the road bike only 30 miles on Monday and 21 on Tuesday. I was trying to save my legs for a overnight backpacking trip this weekend.
Yard work coming soon.
Dennis

No comments: