Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Fever

Last week I had a case of spring fever and took the dinghy out on a fishing trip at a small nearby lake. This lake is maybe 40 acres and has no boat ramp for launching, making it perfect for my little rowing dinghy. I originally built this to be used with our O'day 277, but it is still in the boat yard being repaired and refitted. When it is ready I sure would like to take a long cruise along the coast living on the hook for a couple of weeks.Michele and I have both been getting to ride our bicycles a lot on the weekends and we have enjoyed that. A lot of times we do separate rides due to our differing speeds but these recent rides together have been nice.

Spring time is here and we have seen our first bluebonnets of the season, and it is raining as I write this. Our garden is growing and we have had 3 salads from it so far, all organic and watered with captured rain water.
If the weather permits we are going camping this weekend and that means mountain bike rides and nice long hikes.

Keeping my fingers crossed
Dennis

No comments: