Thursday, March 6, 2008

Somerville State Park

This weekend we went to Somerville State Park located just East of Austin to camp, hike and ride the 13 mile trail through the wildlife management area. The weather was perfect and on my first ride I got a flat tire , I repaired this flat ire and then got another one and had used my only spare tube so I called Michele and she brought the sag wagon to get me.We then went on a nice 4 or 5 mile hike on one of the hiking trails with Sprocket who now thinks he is a deer hound and gets all worked up when he see's a deer and over the entire weekend we saw about 100 deer.
After Michele had done some riding I took the tires off of her bicycle and put them on mine and set off down the 13 mile trail and about 7 miles out I noticed the front tire getting low so I limped back to camp on a flat again, arghhhh!!.

Well, after 3 flats we just relaxed and built a nice campfire to cook baked potato's and Steaks. In this next picture we made my favorite campfire desert of banana's stuffed with dark chocolate and cooked over the coals until the chocolate melts. We had a nice time and just as we left the rain came and followed us home and filled the new rain barrel all the way to the top.


Tuesday on a night time bicycle I got to see the Fire Dept. rescue a man from White Rock Creek, this simple rescue took 20 emergency vehicles, over 40 men and a helicopter. I think I could have gotten the man out with one or two guy's helping but instead this rescue probably cost the city a million dollars.
Crying over all the waste I see
Dennis Starkey


No comments: