Monday, December 17, 2007

Sunshine at last

I took off work early Thursday and got a nice 30 mile ride in and then on Sunday I met a group of friends for a randonouring ride. In the picture we are heading out of Dallas on the highway 80 service road and are going across the 8 lane I-635 and looked down ----------and this is what we saw. a multi-car crash. What a rotten start to someones Christmas.
We had a great ride on nice country roads on a Sunny 50 degree day for a little over 40 miles. On the way back in the traffic was heavy and we had to stay alert, it was nice to have 7 riders as you are a lot more visible. We took one short restroom and drink stop and finished the ride. Thanks to Paul who took these pictures and is not in any of them. While we were riding Michele rode with her friend Lugay and got in a little over 30 miles and did some pretty hard hill climbs, this along with the Monday night spin classes are making her a strong rider.

On the sailing front the weather has not been conducive for sailing with friends on their boats but I have done some more sanding on the bottom of the O-day 272 and should apply the epoxy repairs and barrier coat after the 1st of the year. I really need 70 degree dry weather to do this, but may have to wait, all because of the delay due to the spring flooding and high water preventing hauling the boat. I guess the longer I am landlocked the more I will appreciate sailing again.


Doing better than I deserve. (if you recognize this statement That I have plagiarised then I must tell you that yes we are.)
Dennis Starkey






No comments: