Monday, December 10, 2007

Global Warming

We had a great bicycle ride on Saturday with a high in the low 80's, then Sunday morning it started in the 40's and then dropped into the 30's and has been there since.
For the bicycle ride I did the GDBCLUB Airport ride which is about 55 miles plus I ride to the location for some extra miles. At about 20 miles I had a flat tire (first one in 2000 miles) , this is no big deal, I just removed the piece of offending glass,installed a new tube and proceeded to air it up with a co2 cartridge and blew the tire off of the rim exploding the tube with a report like a gunshot. I carefully installed and pressurized my last tube and made it fine the rest of the ride and back home. This is a nice club to ride with and they patiently waited while I changed the tube twice and only received a little grief from the other riders.

Sunday was so wet and cold we started a nice fire and just relaxed and worked some on Christmas stuff. Now I don't really know that much about Global Warming but we do recycle and use the least amount of electricity and water we can. We do this for our pocketbook as well as the environment so it is a win win situation.
Proud People Don't Litter
Dennis Starkey

No comments: