Monday, October 22, 2007

Small Steps and good rides

The weather has been good for cycling right up till today, Michele and I have started the night rides, we have been riding the neighborhood so she can get used to riding in the dark and using the halogen headlights we have. I have been doing the club rides and we have gone to downtown Dallas and the Historic West End, we have also ridden around the American Airlines Arena and the new W- hotel area, it's been fun and people seem to think its cool when we ride by the Diners on Patios with our headlights and flashing tail lights.

For the week ending the 13Th I logged 156 miles and the week of the 20Th I logged 90 miles, I expect those numbers to drop as the weather has turned rainy and cold for the next few days.

The O'day is still drying out its hull but I removed the two shelves over the settee's and replaced the water damaged wood, I then stained it and sealed it. I got the color as close as I could and while it is a small detail it looks much better without the water damage.


I can't tell you how this picture got in here 2 times, and I can't make it go away.
I also removed the bilge covers and glued the areas that were separating and put several coats of varnish on them, they are still 20 years old but look much better with a nice shine on them


One of my fellow cyclists who is the preacher at the church we have been attending invited us to a Mavericks basketball game. We had lower level seats and VIP parking passes, the Mavs won and we had a great time with perfect seats, these lower level seats even had a cheering coach for the section.
Right now it's 50 degrees and raining so no boat work for a few days and it may be hard to get a bike ride in too. Oh well I guess I may have to actually do a little work.
Trying to live my dream
Dennis




No comments: