Thursday, August 2, 2007

This picture was on a club ride where the fast group (with me) caught the slower group and are working our way through them with a lot of cutting up going on, we made up 5 miles on them. Michele and I have been able to ride quite a bit. On Sunday we rode to Downtown Dallas and looked at the big fire at the welding gas plant that has been all over the news, the area is destroyed with buildings and a lot of cars torched. Many years ago I had worked on the mechanical systems at this building, I'm sure glad it was a long time ago.Monday I worked on this 1959 model chiller that still provides the cooling for a large home, that's an old unit but not as old as me.
This is the old atmospheric type cooling tower for the chiller and I replaced a few boards that had rotted out. This is an old very inefficient system, the oldest still running system I know of.


Thursday I decided to take the boat out and survey the high water from the lake, since the mast is down in preparation to remove the boat I had to use the motor and couldn't sail. The picture doesn't do the sky justice, it was incredible.

The lake is still in flood stage but has dropped 3 ft since my last visit (now 9 ft high) and I should be able to haul the boat this month. As I motored through a cut in the old dam I stopped to fish this brush pile and caught a little bass, the trees in the background are the original shoreline. I sure would like to be able to do the work on the bottom of the boat and get it ready for some coastal sailing and try out the trailer.

Have more than you show, speak less than you know.
Dennis




No comments: