Monday, August 20, 2007

boating and swimming

On Saturday Michele and had nice rides on the bikes, she rode a little over 40 miles and I rode an extra 18 miles by taking a loop around the perimeter of DFW Airport. This lap is always fast and we almost never have to stop and we try to keep a pace over 20 miles an hour with one all out sprint zone. I got very lucky and won the sprint in my small group while achieving 39.4 mph as my max speed.

Sunday we went to check the flood water level at the lake and found it disappointingly high, we nose in to this Island and explored a little. The O'day 272 is a fixed keel boat but has a shoal draft wing keel, don't try to nose up to the shore like this in your fin keel boat.
This picture shows me fishing at the still closed boat ramp, you can see the parking lot is just now starting to dry out and the picnic tables are still under water. Maybe next week the ramp will open.
My Mother in Law was out of town for a week or so and Michele and I went over to check on things and just happened to have our swim suits with us. It was a nice day for a swim with perfect 84 degree water, (thanks Teddy)

Sprocket went for a swim too and while he can swim you can see he really wanted to get out of the water.


You never know if you have 6 more minutes, 6 more days, or 6 more years so do it Today.
Wish Michele and I both Luck as we ride in the Hotter Than Hell 100 this coming weekend.
Dennis



No comments: