Tuesday, May 1, 2007

German Fest

Saturday we went to Muenster Texas and rode a nice bike rally with a group of friends from our bike club. It was a beautiful day and the German festival after the ride was nice. This is not a good picture but shows several of us at the festival after the ride , Dean the guy in the yellow cap is the USC Senior time trial champ and I am fortunate enough to get to ride with this caliber of rider. Our group started close to the front in a mass start of about 2000 bicycles. The traffic was heavy and it was hard for us to all stay close, but we did and hit the 10 mile rest stop with a 24 mph average. At the end of my 60 miles my average had ddropped to just under 18 and I was spent, I was told we did 3000' of climbing on this route and several times I broke 40 mph on the downhills.

On Sunday we went sailing and Michele in this picture is trying to blast me with her mustard package and our fine dog Sprocket could care less. We had a great time and visited with some friends on the Sailing Vessel Willow an Erickson 28+. I have been invited to crew on Willow in the Volvo Leukemia Cup Regatta on Lake Lewisville on May 5 and 6, Dave is a good skipper and provides good provisions for the crew.

I want to go where the pace of life is slow, beam me somewhere Mr. Scott.
Dennis

No comments: