Thursday, August 14, 2008

TEBR

These pictures are from the Tuesday Night Bike Ride that meets at REI in North Dallas. This Greater Dallas Bicyclist ride has a group for everyone and all levels, we are in the renegade or unofficial ride. This ride is fast and if you do not keep up you will be dropped so bring a map and phone. As we head out I am on the right in the blue jersey just sitting in trying to save energy for later in the ride.
This is much later in the ride I am now on the left and struggling to hang on to my friend Gary Chaing's wheel, I eventually let a gap open and caught a red light,(I guess I didn't save enough energy) this was a hard ride on a hot afternoon. My computer showed 33 miles with a 20 average while dealing with traffic, red lights and a lot of hills and strong wind, can you see the pain in our faces, we are old enough to know better.

After a day of recovery this morning I ran 7 miles at an easy pace before work, I like running when I can't get in a ride because I can leave in the dark and its easy, just put on shorts and shoes and go.

We are still working on the backyard project and it is moving slowly but is beginning to take shape, hope it turns out like we envision it.

This weekend will be our last weekend ride before the Hotter'n Hell Hundred on the 23rd, after this we will do no hard rides to be fresh for this 100 mile challenge on the tandem.

Hopefully there will progress to report on the boat repairs on my next post.

Sea Ya
Dennis