Monday, March 29, 2010

Some of it's majic, some of it's trajic

I made it to the lake again with Bobby and as we left the Marina it became obvious someone wasn't going to have a good day. Observing the police boat and divers working a site with grappling hooks started our sail off in a somber mood. We motored by at a safe distance and may never know the story of someones tragedy. I did catch a very nice fish while trolling and it picked my mood up but still I was reminded to never forget safety on the water, sailing can be inherently dangerous, especially with cold water.

We were in for a treat as this small plane with pontoons made two landings and takeoffs near us, It is hard to take a good photograph from a rocking sailboat when using a 10x zoom (even with image stabilization) so this photo was the best this amateur could do.
Michele and I are returning from a trip to Caprock Canyon and I will journal on that next, it became a real adventure and we met some really good people and a dog named Miles became best friends with our dog Sprocket.


No comments: