Sunday, April 27, 2008

A bicycle built for two

About a week ago Michele and I were offered the use of an older Trek tandem bicycle, I put a new set of tires on it and tuned it up as best I could and we have been riding it.
This weekend we decide to go to the German Fest Bicycle rally in Muenster Texas and do the very hilly 42 mile route. Michele was looking forward to this ride and was excited thinking because I am a fairly strong rider we would go fast and she got her wish, on our first long downhill we hit 41.7 miles an hour as the picture shows the max on our cycle computer. Well we didn't do that again as it was just a little too fast and exciting. We had a good time and went to the festival after the ride.
On the sailboat end of things I have filled and fared all the blisters and am now ready to apply the epoxy barrier coat on the bottom. Of course when this is done I will still have to block up the boat to do the area under the trailer bunks. Finding the time and then having the weather cooperate when I do have the time has made this job drag out longer the I expected but the hull has really dried out nicely.


Don't dream your life, live your dreams
Dennis

1 comment:

Happy Hatters said...

An unusual combination of activities. Your top speed downhill at the ride is daring especially on a tandem. Of course, in southeast Texas hills are rare. I am more likely to reach that speed with a tailwind from the Gulf during a hurricane.
Rick Ankrum
www.texbiker.net