Sunday, April 15, 2007

The weather outside is frightening






The trailer I am building for our O'day 272 is just about complete, I could probably put the boat on it right now, I finished installing the lights and touching up a few things. I have an idea of hauling the boat in June to get in some sailing before the summer heat sets in.









We had a big storm blow in Friday night with heavy rain, hail stones, tornado sirens and a loss of power several times sometimes for a couple of hours. We had no damage but some areas close by were destroyed, we count our blessings.


Of course our bicycle clubs rally was Saturday and it dawned dry but cold with winds over 30 mph. The Lancaster Country Ride was still good but we only had around 600 riders and would have liked at least 1000. We had all put a lot of work in this, I never thought about all the little things required to pull off an event like this, 1000 riders and course lengths up to 62 miles.

25 minutes after the start a group of us club members rode the 62 mile course which covers a lot of hills, the last 25 miles were dead into the 30 mph wind. I was riding with guys faster the me and with trying to keep up, the wind, and hills this was possibly the hardest 60 miles I have ridden.
Here I am with my official t- shirt with large letters STAFF on the back, showing the different groups where to stage, register and find one of the 24 toilets this event requires, did I mention it was cold.

No comments: